This document is published and shall be construed in accordance with the provisions of rule 3
1. Collecting Personal Information about You
What information do we collect from you and why?
- We may collect information needed to contact you later. At ekbote, we only collect necessary personal information that allows us to provide goods & services to you as an online retailer. If we collect personal contact information (as described below), you may later access and modify it, or remove it from our system. You may also choose simply not to provide your personal contact information at the point of collection. Ekbote collects personal information online, including names, postal and e-mail addresses, phone numbers and billing information.
Information you provide to us:
- We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, we collect personal information such as your name, username, phone number and other billing information, email address, shipping address, and your friends’ email addresses (which we will only use in order to invite them to use the service). We may also collect information you supply to us regarding your personal preferences and interests.
We may collect your name, address and phone number
- When you use our web site, we may request your first and last name, home or other physical address, including your street name and address and name of your city or town, your telephone number or other “real world” contact information. We use this information to complete, support and analyse your purchases from ekbote and use of the ekbote’s web site, for internal purposes and to comply with any requirements of law. This information may be disclosed to our staff and to third parties involved in the completion of your transaction, the delivery of your order or the analysis and support of your use of the ekbote’s web site.
We may collect your email address
- We may request your email address, or other information needed to contact you online. We use it to complete, support and analyse your purchases from ekbote and use of the ekbote web site, and to comply with any requirements of law. We use it to respond to any questions you might have and to provide you with information about specials occurring on the ekbote web site if you have chosen this service on the account login page. This information may be disclosed to our staff and to third parties involved in the completion of your transaction, the delivery of your order or the analysis and support of your use of the ekbote website.
We may collect purchase information
- We may collect information actively generated by the purchase of a product or service, such as a payment method. We use this information to process your order and analyse and support your of the ekbote web site. This information may be disclosed only to our staff and to third parties involved in the completion of your transaction, the delivery of your order or the analysis and support of your use of the ekbote’s web site.
We may collect navigation and click stream data
- As you browse our web site, we may gather navigational and click stream data that shows what pages are visited and how long various features are used. This information will not reveal your identity or be linked to you personally. We use this information to complete, analyse and support your purchases from ekbote and use of the ekbote’s web site to comply with any requirements of law and to determine the commissions for our affiliates. This information may be disclosed only to our staff and to third parties involved in the completion of your transaction, the delivery of your order, and the analysis and support of your use of the ekbote web site.
2. Using Your Personal Information
- We respect your privacy. Unless you otherwise consent, we will use your personal information only for the purpose for which it is submitted, such as to reply to your emails and process billing.
- Please be assured we will not disclose information about you unless the disclosure is required or authorized by law, you have consented to our disclosing the information about you, or for another purpose (related to the primary purpose of collecting that information) that you would reasonably expect.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to provide you with information about other products and services offered by us. However, the only information that you must provide is your name and payment details (where applicable). If you would prefer not to receive promotional or other material from us, please let us know and we will change it accordingly.
3. Access & Correction
- Once you have registered as an ekbote customer, you may access your account details and correct your personal information, by logging into your ekbote my account page.
4. Information Security
- Ekbote takes all reasonable measures to secure its computer resource and information contained therein following the reasonable security practices and procedures as prescribed in the information technology (reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal information) rules, 2011.
- Ekbote is committed to treat your information with the greatest care and respect. We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the information that you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised use or alteration.
- Ekbote requires employees and dealers to perform their duties in a manner that is consistent with ekbote legal responsibilities in relation to privacy.
- Ekbote will take all reasonable steps to ensure that paper and electronic records containing personal information are stored in facilities that are only accessible by people within ekbote who have a genuine “need to know” as well as “right to know”.
- Ekbote will review, on a regular and ongoing basis, its information security practices to ascertain how ongoing responsibilities can be achieved and maintained.
5. Disclosure of Information
- As per rule 7 of information technology (intermediaries guidelines) rules, 2011, whenrequired by lawful order, ekbote will provide information or any such assistance to government agencies who are lawfully authorised for investigative, protective, cyber security activity. The information or any such assistance will be provided for the purpose of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution, cyber security incidents and punishment of offences under any law for the time being in force, on a request in writing stating clearly the purpose of seeking such information or any such assistance.
6. Computer Tracking & Cookies
- This website is not set up to track, collect or distribute personal information not entered by visitors. Our site logs do generate certain kinds of non-identifying site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to our sites. This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff to provide better services to the customers and may also be provided to others, but again, the statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information.
7. Email Newsletter Subscription
- All our newsletters contain a link to unsubscribe. You will not receive newsletters from us again if you choose to unsubscribe. In order to make our emails more relevant and useful to you, our servers may receive a confirmation when you open email from us.
- We utilise technologies provided by google analytics to collect data for optimization purposes. This data is used in order to create user profiles. We may use the collected data to present improved and individualised offers and services to the user on our website. This data will not be disclosed to third parties. You can configure your browser to prevent the installation of cookies.
10. Questions Or Concerns
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to we will make every effort to resolve your concerns.